UPDATE:Telemedicine and Telehealth in Massachusetts and Beyond
Eight Distinguished Guest Speakers (list below)
, GE, American Well, Massachusetts eHealth Collaborative and multiple startups
Date: Tuesday, May 16, 2017
Time: 3:30 PM to 6:00 PM Note: all times are in the Eastern Time Zone
Host: Prof Peter Szolovits, (CBMM, BCS, CSAIL, MIT)
Contact: Amar Gupta, 617-253-0418, firstname.lastname@example.org
Speaker URL: None
TALK: Telemedicine and Telehealth in Massachusetts and Beyond
1. Charles Koonz, President and CEO of GE Digital Health.
2. Micky Tripathi, President & CEO of the Massachusetts eHealth Collaborative (MAeHC), Chair of the Information Exchange Working Group and Co-Chair of the Privacy and Security Tiger Team (both of the federal Health Information Technology Policy Committee), and Director of New England Health Exchange Network (NEHEN).
3. Jeffrey Kosowsky, Senior Vice President for Corporate Development, American Well;
4. Vijay Bhatt, Deputy Chief Technology Officer of Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (HPHC). He was involved with 3 startups (BiddersEdge, deNovis and Namasoft).
5. Liz Asai, Co-founder and CEO of 3Derm Systems, Inc.
6. Heather Meyers, Senior Program Manager of Digital Health, Boston Childrens Hospital;
7. Mohamed Aburawi MD, Founder and CEO of Speetar, and researcher in Transplant Surgery Department at Massachusetts General Hospital/Harvard Medical School.
8. Ameeta Soni, Marketing and Business Development Expert who co-founded FitTrace, held senior position at PlatformQ Health and assisted Moving Analytics. (Co-Chair of Panel Session)
9. Amar Gupta, MIT School of Engineering (Chair of Panel and Session)
This is the concluding session in the MIT course "Telemedicine and Telehealth for Global Health". Details of the course are available at:
The schedule for the afternoon is as follows:
3.30-4:15 pm: Introductions and brief addresses of 7 minutes each by the guests
4:15-5:20 pm: Interactive Panel Discussion
5:20-6:000 pm: Talk by Micky Tripathi and Q/A
Created by Amar Gupta at Wednesday, May 10, 2017 at 6:39 PM.